CHARITY EVENT: 'MISTURA the power of food' / 'Cooking Up Dreams'
Spanish with English subtitles
Patricia Perez / Ernesto Cabellos
- Showing: 20 Oct 11 - 20 Oct 11
- Venue: Shortwave Films
- Price: £8.00 each film
Join Discovering Latin America and the Embassy of Peru for the 'Flavours of Peru' gourmet food festival this October, and see exclusive screenings of two award winning documentaries that take a mouth-watering look at Peruvian cuisine and culture.
The screenings will be held on 20th October at Shortwave Cinema (10 Bermondsey Square, London SE1 3UN) and tickets cost just £8.00.
7:15 - 8:00 pm (London Premiere) - £8.00
'MISTURA, the power of food' ('MISTURA, el poder de la cocina') directed by Patricia Perez.
- Getting a country together never tasted better -
8:30 - 9:45 pm - £8.00
'Cooking Up Dreams' ('De Ollas y Sueños') directed by Ernesto Cabellos.
- Can an entire nation be represented by its cuisine? -
Proceeds from the event will go to Kiya Survivors’ work in Peru, where they run educational centres for young people with special needs who have suffered abuse and abandonment, and offer support to families living in severe poverty.
Don’t miss out! Purchase your tickets online now from Shortwave Cinema.
And if you are in the mood for dancing afterwards, we will have Silvio DJ spinning some latin tunes from 10:00 pm onwards!
- Find out more about the Flavours of Peru festival at the Embassy of Peru.
- Find out more about our chosen charity on Kiya Survivors.
- Feeling inspired? Read about Peruvian cuisine in this Guardian article.
- Curious about Peruvian dishes? Find some recipes in Journey Latin America online magazine.